This can happen when you’re in a relationship with the person. Or sometimes you might be sent nudes by someone you don’t know well, or a stranger.
Sometimes people send on nudes of other people because they think it’s funny. They might also be worried about another person, and share a nude image with a friend so they can work out what to do.
At other times, people send on sexual pictures or videos of someone because they’ve fallen out with them or want to upset or embarrass them. This is sometimes called “revenge porn”.
If you’ve been sent a nude, think about the following:
- Is this picture or video legal? Remember, any sexual image of someone under 18 is illegal.
- What might happen to the person in the image if others see it?
- How might the person in the image feel about it being shared?
- Is the person in the image in any danger?
- How can I be kind to this person?
If you’ve been sent a sexual picture or video of someone who’s under 18, do not keep it or send it to anyone else.
This includes sending it to a friend or adult you think might be able to help.
If you think the person in the picture might be harmed in any way, speak to an adult you trust who can help you report this to the police.