Once you’ve worked out what needs you’ve been trying to meet, the next step is to set some goals. This is to help you meet your needs in a healthy way.
Maybe you’ve already made some changes that help you feel better? If so, you’re already on the right path.
Completing a Good Lives Plan will help you identify:
- anything you’ve already done to start meeting your needs healthily
- any new goals you want to set to help you meet your needs
Remember, goals should be:
- Specific – your goals should be clear and detailed
- Measurable – think about how and when you will check your progress
- Achievable – your goals can be challenging, but it is important that they are within your reach. This helps to avoid feeling overwhelmed or discouraged
- Relevant – think about how your goal relates to your needs. Will it help you to be healthy and safe?
- Time-bound – some goals can be achieved quickly, whilst others might take longer to reach. Set yourself realistic targets and check back to see how you are getting on.
Sometimes goals can feel really big and impossible to reach. It can help to break them down into smaller steps to help you feel like they are achievable.
Remember to set yourself targets of when you want to reach your goals and review them regularly to check your progress.